- Van Housen, Mariathasan. "China's Big Bang." Investments & Pensions Europe: Special Report China (November 2015).
Credit Markets in China
Overview: China Credit Markets
- Allen, Franklin, Jun Qian, Chenying Zhang, and Mengxin Zhao. "China's Financial System: Opportunities and Challenges." No. w17828. National Bureau of Economic Research, 2012.
- Elliott Yan, "The Chinese Financial System: An Introduction and Overview." BROOKINGS John L. Thorton China Center. 2013
Maliszewski Arslanalp et al- Resolving China's Corporate Debt Problem. IMF WORKING PAPER WP.16.203. October 2016 (Excerpt)
- Ai, Jing and Bailey, Warren and Gao, Haoyu and Yang, Xiaoguang and Zhao, Lin, Corporate Default with Chinese Characteristics. SSRN. (April 19, 2017).
- Bailey, W , Huang, V., and Yang, Z., Bank loans with Chinese characteristics: Some evidence on inside debt in a state controlled banking system, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. 46, 1795 - 1830. 2011
- Li, Bo and Wang, Zhengwei and Zhou, Hao, China's Anti-corruption Campaign and Credit Reallocation from SOEs to PEs (April 8, 2017). PBCSF-NIFR Research Paper No. 17-01.
- Chang, Chun and Liao, Guanmin and Yu, Xiaoyun and Ni, Zheng, Information from Relationship Lending: Evidence from Loan Defaults in China (June 24, 2013). Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, Forthcoming; European Banking Center Discussion Paper No. 2009-10S; CentER Discussion Paper Series No. 2009-39S.
- Shen, Jianfu and Firth, Michael and Poon, Winnie P.H., Bank Loan Supply and Corporate Capital Structure: Recent Evidence from China. SSRN. (May 1, 2015).
- Liao, Li and Huang, Nuonan and Yao, Rui, Family Finances in Urban China: Evidence from a National Survey (2010). Journal of Family and Economic Issues, 31(3), 259-279.
- Chen, Zhuo and He, Zhiguo and Liu, Chun, The Financing of Local Government in China: Stimulus Loan Wanes and Shadow Banking Waxes. SSRN. (March 1, 2017).
China SME and Private (non-SOE) Sector Credit Markets
- Allen, Franklin and Qian, Jun and Qian, Meijun, Law, Finance, and Economic Growth in China. Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 77, No. 1, pp. 57-116, July 2005.
- Tsai, Financing Small and Medium Enterprises in China: Recent Trends and Prospects beyond Shadow Banking. HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies: HKUST IEMS Working Papers, No. 2015-24, May 2015.
- Liu, Xiangfeng, Impacts of the Global Financial Crisis on Small and Medium Enterprises in the People's Republic of China (December 16, 2009). ADBI Working Paper No. 180.
- Shimamura, Takeshi. "Chinese credit investment opportunities and risks." Nomura Research Institute (lakyara vol. 167). May 2013.
- Degryse, Hans and Lu, Liping and Ongena, Steven, "Informal or Formal Financing? Or Both? First Evidence on the Co-Funding of Chinese Firms" (June 2013). Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR); CentER Discussion Paper Series No. 2013-034
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung, Liping Lu, and Steven Ongena. "Does banking competition alleviate or worsen credit constraints faced by small-and medium-sized enterprises? Evidence from China." Journal of Banking & Finance 37.9 (2013): 3412-3424.
- Zhao, Hongjiang; Wu, Wenxu; Chen, Xuehua (2006) : What factors affect small and medium-sized enterprise's ability to borrow from bank: Evidence from Chengdu City, capital of South-Western China's Sichuan province, Working Papers of the Business Institute Berlin at the Berlin School of Economics (FHW-Berlin), No. 23
- Cinda International; Cinda International Research Ltd. "SME Financial Services in China: Institutional Framework and Emerging Opportunities." 2013
- Smith Street Solutions research: "China's Financial Industry." 2009